View: 104|Reply: 0

I like the opening...

[Copy link]
19-10-2020 02:33:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
no pun intended! That whole theme of the Chico-Chico train pulling into "petticoat junction" is such a blatant latent subliminal seduction, catching us up in the momentum, carrying up in boleroish thrusts clear through to the commercial break preceding the exposition of the story, such as it might be, as the girls strip down, hearing their suggestive sotto voce as punctuation/incantation reminding us that the junction in question is - don't ever doubt it - "petticoat junction!"

"And that's uncle Joe, he's movin' kinda slow at the junction"!

As for mike minor, this was a hunk o' man, not the kind of guy you'd see on the dick van Dyke or the Lucy or the leave it to beaver or any TV shows at all for many years to come, for that matter.

I have to add more comments now. Of course the girls were all hot. Did Aunt Bee really appear on this show, as one post here would suggest? I know sometimes there was this kind of cross pollination of characters between backwoods rube themed shows. Very appropriate for a spinster aunt named with affection after two of the biggest stars of the insect world!

At least this show didn't have people like Mr. Haney and all the others on Green Acres which made that show so abominable for long stretches.

WOO WOO PETTICOOOOAT JUNCTION!

score 3/10

marymorrissey 2 August 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1705117/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部