View: 80|Reply: 0

A SHOW THAT 'PLAYS' ACROSS THE YEARS.....

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
19-10-2020 02:17:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Leave it to Beaver is one of the classic sit-coms of all time.  It is timeless and has had meaning for every generation that has watched it since its inception.  It is in that rare category of show that will be shown forever.  Like "I Love Lucy" or "The Dick van Dyke Show", or "The Brady Bunch (although I call this one a cheap rip-off)", or "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"---THE BEAVER IS AMONG THE BEST OF THE BEST, completely watchable and understandable with concepts that are universal to all and can be understood across the years.

When my young children discovered it, valuable lessons were learned.  We laughed at the "messes" Beaver got in, usually with the help of friends talking him into it.  We all learned to trust our judgment and not be led into unnecessary trouble.  If there was trouble out there Beaver would find it.  Thanks to the Beaver, mine have had a little more trouble finding it than they might have otherwise.  Lots of laughs and a lesson to be learned every show.

Please check my comments for "Still the Beaver", (a many years later continuation), and if you get the chance tune into it for some "Cleaver's: the next generation action".  It was done with love and it was a wonderful job.

PS--I was surprised to learn (from the imdb info on 'beaver') that GWEN RUTHERFORD (fred's wife/lumpy's mom) was played by MAJEL BARRETT (RODDENBERRY) of later Star Trek fame.  Live and learn.......

score /10

renfield54 18 June 1999

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0059789/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部