View: 65|Reply: 0

Repetitive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 14:07:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
28OCT2019 {5/10 stars C} Recommend? No, highly repetitive content.

Repetitive use of phrases about "draining away the ocean" or oceans, repetitive use of video clips first shown in older episodes. Unnecessary recaps of what was said and shown. Had never heard of the show and found it on Hulu. I binged watched the older seasons to get caught up. The whole show is repetitive talking about centuries old ship wrecks that 99% were caused by war or natural disasters. So repetitive, it's easy to guess how a ship sank based on what they are talking about.

Most recent episodes I found interesting were about the civil war and how both sides developed and used heavily armored ships and the Loch Ness episode. Removed the show from My List on Hulu.

Even though the content is repetitive, Drain the Oceans is far better then Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates. Drain the Oceans uses the show time to talk at length with relevant video about the subject of the episode and showing significant items or wreckage of the subject. Unlike Expedition Unknown, where most shows are spent showing travel, talking to people about the subject and maybe some searching with little or no pay off to the viewer with relevant discoveries that would make watching the show feel worthwhile.

CONTENT ADVISORY: Some brief mention about death that was caused by wars and weather related sinking of ships.

{1=F 2=D- 3=D 4=C- 5=C 6=B- 7=B 8=A- 9=A 10=A }

score 5/10

4x4 28 October 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5219274/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部