View: 65|Reply: 0

Entertainment!!

[Copy link]
18-10-2020 13:32:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Review By Kamal K

Entertaining Comedy?Men who can't help but get drunk and strip? Awkward Virgin friends? Misunderstandings?

Grand Blue is one of the funniest anime I have seen in a while. In a full on comedy anime, a plot is probably one of the least important aspects. To me, a comedy anime is all about the enjoyable characters and overall entertainment. And Grand Blue has all of those.

Like most comedy anime, it operates with a very basic story- a college freshman being all excited to have a great college life.
However, it doesn't go as planned when he's forced to join a "diving club", in which the members drink and strip more than dive (there still is diving I assure you). Yes, it's pretty ridiculous already, but it gets even better as the show progresses and more characters get introduced.

The characters are the life of any comedy anime. Without fun, fitting characters, a comedy anime just won't be the same. It doesn't matter to me if they seem slightly generic, as long as they show some personality and entertain.
Grand Blue has a good variety of different personalities which compliment each other perfectly to create hilarious exchanges. Whether it is a dumb, over the top MC, or an otaku "ikemen", or awkward virgin friends, or men (and women) who couldn't care less about getting drunk and stripping in public, Grand Blue has a good variety to keep the entertainment going.

The voice acting is also top notch, and paired with some incredible facial expressions, all the characters are funny in their own right. Honestly, the facial expressions are some of the most hilarious ones.

There are many comedy anime out there which can have some funny episodes while the rest are a hit-and-miss. Grand Blue, however is very consistent in that regard. Honestly, comedy will always be a subjective genre. Grand Blue might not be for some, but those who enjoy a rather over-the-top comedy anime should definitely give this a shot.

score 7/10

katyayan-12892 4 September 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6060255/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部