View: 88|Reply: 0

A big waste of time

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 13:15:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I watched this show after I saw a trailer for it on German television. Since I didn't want to wait and like the original language versions, I decided to watch it in English.

At the end I was so disappointed, that it made me write a comment here to warn people wasting their time with this show.

For my part, just for you to understand my point of view, I have to say that I like movies with a great and not so easy predictable plot. The plot needs to make me feel to keep on watching and watching. I prefer movies like Monsieur Ibrahim, American Beauty, City of God and so on. Usually I don't watch a lot of shows, but I was going to give this a try, but after I realized that shows are probably not my cup of tea.

Sure, it's probably harder for a writer to keep the story interesting for 13-20 hours than 90 mins, but still, it shouldn't be hard to do better than in this show.

Well, enough about the prequel, let's talk about the show.

For the positive part... First the sceneries were great and made me remember when I traveled the pacific coast of the United States. Also the skills of most of the actors were quite good, but unfortunately that was about it.

The plot is so poorly written. First of all, you don't really start feeling any sympathy or interest for the characters. Like previously mentioned, the acting isn't the problem there. It's really the poorly written plot.

The main reason for everybody to go to the island is for the wedding and the side stories of some characters don't build up any interest in them at all. Like Malcolm who is looking for an investor to save his "turtle beer" or the other friend of the groom, who is looking for fun with the bride's maids. This could have been focused a little more to build up interest and sympathy for the characters.

Also there is a lot of superstition in the beginning, which made me curious. I expected the story to give an explanation for this, but it was suddenly dropped after a few episodes.

When the killing starts, everything is so predictable. 90% of the times I was right about who is going to get killed next. For the story twists, they are not so predictable, but not because they are written well, mainly because they are plainly stupid and illogic.

The worst part is that most characters spent decades of their lives with a psychic without realizing a thing and also the scenery at the end made me feel ashamed, because of the silly explanations from Henry. Talking about feeling ashamed. The worst parts are when John Wakefield chases people, who are armed with shotguns, with a knife in his hand and they start running away, instead of just shooting him. Also after people realized about the killings, the story invents unexplainable reasons for them to go somewhere by themselves. Well, and guess who gets killed next at that point... A lot of stupidity in horror movies, which Scary Movie makes fun of you will find in this show. At some scenes I felt like wanting to bury my head in the ground.

After all, I can recommend anybody NOT to watch this show. Have a nice evening out with your wife/girlfriend or have some beers with your best buddies. You can even screw pens together or lay on your window shelf and watch the street, if nobody is parking without permission. Almost any activity will be more enjoyable than this show.

score 2/10

chrisinhh 16 August 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2112328/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部