View: 92|Reply: 0

A sissy's trek across Europe, with Dora the Explorer

[Copy link]
18-10-2020 11:45:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Something about Rick is just annoying.

Maybe it is his constant "Bonjourno" or pandering to the camera with silly sayings.

Maybe it is his bloated pants that look like an old person wearing a diaper, complete with a fanny pack.

Maybe it is PBS being boring in general.

My mom used to watch this show, and it can pass the time for a few minutes-- then you go to sleep.

It is too chipper and upbeat for me. The way it is done, makes you want to push Rick Steves in the ocean and move on to some other location. "Look, here we are at the Bozo Chocolate Factory! Eating premier Swiss chocolates!" He spends too much time at dumb locations and eateries, instead of delving into darker histories, and political intrigue. He also comes across as plugging some leftist style occasionally, and seems enamored with Europe as being better than everyone, including Americans. I just find him bland, and the style is superficial and boring after 1-2 episodes. If you've seen one, you've seen them all; just google the history of one of these nations and you can learn it all, with less cheese from a sleep- inducing host.

score 3/10

keelhaul-80856 25 October 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3841141/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部