View: 94|Reply: 0

Truly a Disgusting Treat

[Copy link]
14-10-2020 01:57:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I think what keeps me coming back to Dirty Jobs is the variety of people you get to meet. Every job shows a different part of the nation and the faces and personalities that go with it. Is the next worker Mike going to meet going to come off as annoyed that he's there? Are they going to be easy-going and willing to laugh with him? Are they going to be bat$%!@ crazy? (Yeah, you know the ones I'm talking about.) Secondly, is being exposed to the intricacies of employment that a lot of us don't like to think about. The unsung heroes of our nation breeding our beef, sorting our trash, and doing our research truly have an outlet to be able to pull off their masks and goggles and suits and wave hello to the rest of America. I don't even have to mention Mike Rowe is the pinnacle of interest here. I think the charming aspect is that despite how incredibly intelligent, attractive, and talented he is (Yes, Mike, I hear that operatic singing there), Mike is still willing to get down and dirty for the watchers. He's truly a symbol of entertainment, and I think we all get a sort of sick enjoyment out of his torture. His humor is two-faced with both sides being pretty funny: sometimes he will poke fun at himself at the drop of a hat, and other times he'll share a subtle lifted-eyebrow at the antics of his fellow workers, as if sharing an inside joke with us at their expense. In conclusion, if you haven't seen this show already, put your butt in that seat and turn it on. Grow an appreciation for these people and the fact that you probably don't ever have to be one of them. Oh, one more thing. Hold off on lunch until you've forgotten what you've seen.

score /10

heartofbone 17 November 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2519816/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部