View: 90|Reply: 0

I love the original comics... but this...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
14-10-2020 01:12:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First of all, I feel I should say that I am a HUGE fan of the original Tintin comic books. Since I was a small child, I have read them over and over. So you can imagine that I was thrilled when I first heard that they were adapting Tintin to a television series.

However, when I finally saw the animated series, I was extremely disappointed. The first problem I had is evident right away when watching any episode - the animation and the colors. Yes, I know this show didn't have the budget of a feature film, but I thought that the animation was jerky. As for the colors, while the color pops out in any Tintin comic, here the colors are bland and washed out (especially in the background art.)

The show could have worked despite the inadequate art, but if you stick with watching it, more problems become evident. The original stories have been severely cut down to fit two (or sometimes just one!) episode. As a result, much of the detail (story-wise or comic material) that made the comics so extra special just isn't there. I don't understand why they didn't follow the original stories more closely, especially since that would mean more episodes made, which would have made the show easier to syndicate world-wide, and more money would have been made.

If you want to see a screen adaptation of Tintin, I would suggest you either see the Spielberg movie or the live action "Tintin And The Mystery Of The Golden Fleece". While the first movie took some liberties with the original Tintin stories, and the latter movie used a brand new story, those movies capture the spirit of Tintin much better than this animated TV series.

score /10

Wizard-8 20 April 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2599545/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部