View: 86|Reply: 0

Lower Your Expectations- Little Resemblance to Classic Sherlock

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
13-10-2020 00:54:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It is regrettable that I feel that I have to give Miss Sherlock such a poor review. This program had all the potential of being a smart, sharp retelling of a Sherlock Holmes type of investigator that, in this instance, happens to be a female from Japan. Yuko Takeuchi as Miss Sherlock carries the physical stature and laser like focus on clues admirably well but there ends the similarities with the classic Sherlock Holmes, a tortured soul who struggles to integrate into society. Miss Sherlock turns that inner turmoil into just three gears- inappropriate laughing and giggling, strange, child-like body movements in public and creepy eye contact worthy of a horror film psychopath. All of these actions are no where to be found in the Sherlock Holmes lore. This program has an obviously low budget as seen in the poorly lit scenes along with awkward and quickly shot scenes. The female version of John Watson, portrayed by Shihori Kanjiya as surgeon Wato, has a better grasp of her role but is burdened by poor character writing. Why is Wato so naïve as not to know what a drug 'pusher' does for a living? I would actually continue watching the series just for Kanjiya's grounded acting but alas, my disappointment in the other characters and writing would limit my attention span.

score 4/10

gigchick 25 September 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4359930/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部