View: 81|Reply: 0

The Phil Silvers show is as funny now as it was in the 1950s.

[Copy link]
12-10-2020 03:22:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Like everyone else in those days in the 1950s, i never ever missed the weekly episode of the 'Phil Silvers Show' on television. I recently purchased the 3 disc -18 episodes- set of the 5Oth anniversary of the show, here in South Africa. It was as funny as ever. Sadly, most of that excellent cast have passed on now, but a youthful Dick Van Dyke is in one of the episodes and Alan Melvin -Corporal Henshaw- narrated throughout. It brought back so many memories and sheer joy to watch these episodes of Sgt Bilko, that i sent away to the United Kingdom via e bay, for the full 142 episodes. They have just arrived in the post. OK, some episodes are showing a little wear but overall they are going to provide me with a lot of enjoyment in the days ahead. The comedy of Phil Silvers will never age as far as i am concerned. One thing that i will never ever understand is why they canceled the show after only four seasons when it was top of the ratings. But, perhaps that is why it has remained a classic for fifty years and will continue to do so for the next fifty and more.

score /10

frankhartry 17 November 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1522986/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部