View: 112|Reply: 0

Very Thorough AND Entertaining!

[Copy link]
12-10-2020 02:39:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is a great 8-part series of documentaries featuring various toy lines that have been popular over the last 60 years or so. The research is extremely detailed, the formula for each episode keeps you riveted and the editing is spectacular.

However, there is one reason why I did not rate 10/10 stars. This is because the people making the series limited themselves to just 8 episodes. This means only about 8 toy lines. I loved the episodes so far but I feel that they should do a few more. Some note worthy suggestions might be the My Little Pony franchise, Furby or maybe Raggedy Ann and Andy? Or maybe American Girl?

For me, particularly Furby. I would love to know who started the controversy on Furby in 1998 and why, for instance. As of right now, I have two original 1990's Furbies in my room that are fully functioning. They have just learned to sleep when not being played with... Would love to know more about them!

I also have some of the new Friendship is Magic toys from Hasbro because I admit that I am a Pegasister. But I did not just start collecting MLP toys. I LOVED having them when I was a little girl, so it would be nice to know more about MLP, too.

A Disney toy documentary might be nice, too. Specifically on the larger than life and ever growing Mickey Mouse toy line.

I also collect Raggedy Ann and Andy items and though I do know a LOT about the origins of the dolls, it would still be nice to finally see a documentary on it completed, as the efforts made by the Raggedy Ann and Andy toy museum were thwarted when no one helped them fund the attempt a few years ago.

What else would be interesting... Sky Dancers, maybe. I heard they were pulled from shelves because kids kept getting smacked, but my Sky Dancers NEVER smacked me. I was VERY careful with them.

Or... One of the world's first audio-animatronic toys??? Teddy Ruxpin??? I have often heard that there would have been no Furby without him.

Or how about Tamagotchi? Or the Pokemon franchise??? Those were both extremely popular when I was little, too. I got caught up by both of them and to this day, I still train Pokemon! (I'm 25. lol)

score 9/10

sweeneytoddmusical 7 June 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4193617/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部