View: 89|Reply: 0

One of my fave shows!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
12-10-2020 02:21:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've loved this show from the very first episode I watched, which was not the pilot, darn it all!  The concept is fun: A guy who gets tomorrow's newspaper...today.  He's the only one who knows what will happen and can do something about it.  And when he changes things, the paper changes as well to reflect his actions.  So, Gary Hobson is a modern-day superhero without flying abilities or expensive gear.  He's just a regular guy who has a big heart.  It's weird sometimes the situations he gets into.  It's almost like the paper has a mind behind it, because it seems Gary is often pushed into situations that he doesn't really want to be in, but he NEEDS to help someone, so that's where the headlines take him.  I'm always amazed by his ability to zoom right to the most relevent articles.  Maybe that IS his superpower...  I often feel sorry for the guy, though.  It seems his job will never be over.  And he may never have a love life...

I have to say, though, I was quite disappointed when they got rid of Chuck Fishman.  I mean, he was the comic relief!  He was the wacky sidekick! What superhero couldn't use a sidekick?  Chuck was my second favorite character!  And, I always did enjoy how every episode ended with a voice-over of him giving us a few words of wisdom related to the episode. Whatever happened to those?  I always loved those little life's lessons at the end.  But, I guess, with Chuck gone...

By the way, you think the CAT is cute?  Come on!  What about Kyle, aka Gary?

score /10

jauranna 1 June 2000

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0376363/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部