View: 102|Reply: 0

Not educational at all

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
11-10-2020 11:43:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
In case you are not familiar with this show Dora is a 7 year old Latina girl who travels around with a monkey named Boots. The episodes typically consist of Dora traveling to three places with the third place as a goal. That is my first complaint about this show, the repetition is too much for a kid's show. The songs consist of the same words over and over and the plots are also the same thing every time. While there is some repetition in every form of entertainment, especially for children, this is absolutely ridiculous.

The second complaint I have about this show is that Dora is not educational. Out of all the episodes I have watched the one that most stands out on this point is the backpack episode. During that episode Dora teaches kids how to count to eight twice. Yes, that's right. Out of a 23 minute show the creators devoted an astounding 16 SECONDS to the educational bit. I do admit that Dora did teach a Spanish word but children should be learning more about ABC's, counting, etc than Spanish. The characters don't even have personality so it's not like they could learn about people through the actions of Dora either.

My final complaint is that this show has way too much merchandise. You could even buy your kid Dora cereal if you wanted. Considering that that every episode is the same and there is no educational value to this show is it obvious that it was created for only one thing: money.

score 1/10

dhik24 4 July 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2090658/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部