View: 96|Reply: 0

7.5 Great Episodes

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 22:44:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This was SOOO close to being a thoroughly great and recommendable miniseries, but unfortunately I suffered a fatal suspension of disbelief error midway through the final episode that was just out of character with the rest of the show 's really interesting takes on memory, mental illness, parental and relationship issues, etc.

I don't have any problem with the resolution of the whodunit in principle, but I agree with Good-Will that the execution of of the climax as shown in the film is highly unlikely and totally out of keeping with the careful passing and "this will all make sense in the end" tightness of the rest of the story telling. I can't say much more without spoilers but there were definitely missed opportunities to foreshadow the end result which would have explained why the killer want recognized or why the police didn't notice forensic evidence at the original crime scene (as noted in Good -Will 'a review). But for me the biggest problem is the idea that a person as badly injured as that would be able to calmly go about researching his tormentors while staying completely hidden for nearly 2 weeks. He knows nothing about this person before the injury.. And after his research he knows he has no thing at all to feel guilty about. So yes, I get the final murder, but why is he still suicidal at the end?

Makes no sense.

score 7/10

willsontyrmm 10 June 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4198478/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部