View: 108|Reply: 0

London Love Story more like it!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
9-10-2020 22:28:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This isn't a spy story, it's a love story and a pretty mediocre and melodramatic one at that. The direction was brilliant though! The camera-work and the music carpet worked beautifully to provoke and enhance the viewer's emotional state and to create a claustrophobic atmosphere that strengthened the feeling of inevitability and entrapment that the main character was experiencing!

I wasn't convinced by the way Danny & Alex met and fell in love, their relationship needed more development in my opinion. I didn't understand why Danny was targeted either. I understand that he was the perfect scapegoat and it would have been, should have been, ridiculously easy to send him in prison to rot but I don't understand why would an intelligence organization bother with all the rest without knowing he possessed any information that could harm them. He was a nobody with a shady past that nobody believed. Last but not least, I wasn't impressed by the revelation of Alex's research. But then again all spy related "secrets" in movies sound far-fetched to me.

In conclusion I thought this was a run-of-the-mill love story, with gaping plot holes, but beautiful direction!

score 5/10

p_bourha 15 May 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3470104/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部