View: 88|Reply: 0

I rarely write reviews so read up.

[Copy link]
29-9-2020 03:48:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have seen a lot of cartoons. I've watched cartoons since it was age appropriate until age 31 (which is now, and I don't plan to stop). You could argue that cartoons are for children. You'd be right. You could also argue that they are for everyone, and you'd be even more right. Simpson's broke the mold on what an adult could watch and anime has been around for years and is only now getting out of a very weird niche audience. But this show? This show is everything I've ever wanted in a cartoon. It's for adults who grew up before technology and simply did whatever their imaginations led to and for the kids now to remind them that there's a whole world to explore if they are just willing. This show combines imagination, acceptance, equality, and just plain old being a good and confident person without being preachy. I dare say that it may be teaching children how to be children again... or at least reinforcing the best parts about being a kid; letting your imagination run wild, making all kinds of friends regardless of finances, race, or even popularity. It has a place for all kids and all kids in a place they want to be. From the Elders, the kids who never quite grew out of fantasy role playing, to the Tenspeeds, the kids who live for adrenaline fueled sports like biking and blading, this is a show you wish was real and forget that actually still does exist in some suburban places. It is the quintessential example of suburbia as a child where you can be as weird as you want to be and it's charming (like when Harriet the Spy came out and some child super sleuths may or may not have dressed in their mother's raincoat observing "mysteries" around her neighborhood and didn't get made fun of... it was me. I totally did that.) If this show doesn't bring you back to your childhood you'll wish you had one like it. It really is a pleasant, funny, intelligent, and creative way to teach kids great lessons while giving them their own sense of self worth and jump starting their imagination. Because why wouldn't you want to build a society with your friends out of cardboard? ????

score 10/10

carlykillen 18 October 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5195217/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部