View: 61|Reply: 0

great detective series

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
30-7-2020 00:42:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Maybe I'm a bit sheltered when it comes to reading classic literature, but I have never read anything by Christie, and I never realized the character of Poirot was created by her.  Despite this fact, I discovered a large collection of videos from the series at the local library...so I picked the first one from the set and checked it out.  I wasn't expecting all that much, being that it's British, and like many Americans, I find that the two countries have very different tastes when it comes to television.   I must tell you, I was very pleasantly surprised, and I like the episode very much. It was the episode, "The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim," in which Poirot takes a bet from Japp that he cannot solve the case in 7 days without leaving the house.  Poirot takes the bet, and the story progresses from there.  The character of Poirot is very funny, and despite the fact that I have to strain to understand what he's saying sometimes (due to his accent), I like him a lot.  This seems to be a great detective series, with superb writing and acting.  The secondary characters of Japp, Hasting, and Ms. Lemon (I believe that's her name) are very well written as well.  It's not your typical american fare, but it suits me just fine.  I'll definitely be checking this show out when it comes on A&E, and I plan on checking out the rest of the series from the library.  Great show.  10/10

score /10

JBoze313 3 November 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0253108/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部