View: 65|Reply: 0

Disappointed

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
31-5-2020 21:01:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Growing up in the 70's, I had an appreciation for the old Match Game. Gene was charismatic enough to highlight the stars' talents and was very welcoming and respectful of the guests along with being carefree and funny at the same time. I normally like to watch Alec Baldwin, however as a host for this show, he appears a bit desperate for attention and getting laughs, rather than facilitating laughs from the stars. I actually think he would be better as a guest star rather than a host in this one since he has a very strong personality and he has the potential to be very funny, especially in the role of filling in the blank. Additionally, this version of the Match Game is not nearly as clever as the old version from the 70s. Most of the questions are blatantly requesting a sexually-toned answer -- not nearly as subtle as the old version. It's crude enough that my 17-year old daughter would probably be a bit uncomfortable watching it with us. I actually don't even think she would find it that funny because the jokes are kind of gross sometimes -- desperately gross. Don't get me wrong -- I'm no prude, but after a while, its just not that funny anymore when ALL the questions and answers are naughty and crude. It's much more fun when most of the questions are a bit challenging/creative without being so naughty, while highlighting our current events of this era -- but then adding a few shockers/blurts of naughtiness from time to time. It just seems like everyone is trying a bit too hard to be crude and R-rated instead of keeping it mostly PG with a 'hint' of R-rated innuendo. Regarding the guest stars -- I got the feeling they were roped into doing the show. I felt bad for a few of the contestants because some of the stars didn't even appear to try to win them money (or perhaps being on a game show just wasn't their thing). I'm not a big Rosie fan, but I found her quite enjoyable on this show -- she had some of the best answers and was the 'Richard Dawson' of this era. My advice -- get Betty White and a few more classic, well-known clever stars on the show, tone down the questions a bit so that the answers don't HAVE to be so naughty in nature (keep a few shockers in there), and this will be much better. I have hopes this show will be fine-tuned so I will keep watching. :)

score 4/10

tlaurance 4 July 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3498876/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部