View: 48|Reply: 0

Neat idea, lazy, cliche writing.

[Copy link]
21-5-2020 02:50:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was originally mislead by this anime, due to the fact it starts off in an oddball way that suggests it's going to be more akin to a comedy, fantasy adventure that focuses on cooking. They had some interesting early characters that seemed more like enemies from One Piece more than anything else.

That quickly changed within the second or third episode and the anime basically devolved into a cooking drama with some bits of comedy here and there. At first I was disappointed with the direction the anime looked like it was moving in, but then that changed.

While the anime wasn't what I expected it to be from the first episode, it still seemed pretty good, the writing seemed decent and more importantly, the plot moved quickly.

Unfortunately, every season after that just continues to go down hill. It's more like a dramedie by season four, but it's not really written funny, the series just relies on a lot of overused anime tropes and funny faces more so than anything else.

The fan services has continued to get worse and worse with every episode. At first it started off with once in awhile and it has now gotten to the point, someone's clothes aret eploding off their bodies from eating some noodles or something every single episode. This just feels lazy, like they can't even rely on their own writing to keep the viewer's attention and instead has to rely on sex.

I had high hopes for this anime, but by season four it just falls flat on it's face.

score 3/10

jeremy-david-kuehnau 9 April 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4122979/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部