View: 76|Reply: 0

Turtle Power is Strong with This One

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
20-5-2020 03:50:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'll admit it, I never watched the 1980's Ninja Turtles show. I was a child of the late 90's early 2000's, so I grew up on the 2003 Turtles. And when I heard of this new show, I face palmed. I think the only episode I watched was "Monkey Brains", and then I forgot about it. Then the season 2 finale came. I watched the season finale and took everything I said back. This isn't just a "hip" and "modern" remake of the Heroes in a Half-Shell, this is a love letter to everyone who grew up with the Turtles. There are references and homages to previous incarnations in every episode. It brings back fan favorite characters, and also characters people forgot about (I had no idea who Rahzar was until he came on the show). And it's not afraid to bring in some Japanese culture, the most Japanese previous shows had was just calling Master Splinter "sensei". The new characters are also really enjoyable. Tigerclaw, Fishface, even Ice Cream Kitty are just so fun and ridiculous. As for the returning characters, they are more developed than ever. Yes, each turtle has their original traits (Donnie does machines, Leo leads, Mikey is a party dude, and Raph is cool but rude), but they expand on that. Leo is a Trekkie (kinda), Donnie has a crush on April, Mikey names the bad guys, and Raph has serious anger management issues, so he talks to his pet turtle Spike. Each Turtle is not only unique in personality, but in appearance, too. For example, Mikey is the shortest out of the four, and has a bright green skin tone with freckles. Donnie is the tallest, has a light green skin tone, and has a gap in his teeth. Raph has the darkest skin tone, and his chest has more damage than the others. Leo has a normal green skin tone, and is the normal looking one (in other words, he has fewer physical flaws). The other returning characters, such as Splinter, Shredder, Karai, Baxter Stockman, and so on are all enjoyable. If you enjoyed anything Ninja Turtles when you were a kid, give this show a watch for a nuclear explosion of nostalgia. If your just looking for an entertaining show for your kids, try this one on for size. BOOYAKASHA!!!!

score 9/10

JudgeChaos 3 March 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3195121/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部