View: 68|Reply: 0

Love it, but skip Season Three

[Copy link]
18-5-2020 01:09:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I love the first two seasons of this show. The acting is great, the characters look like normal girls, the plot is believable, it has great effects, it's not cliché, etc. It has everything a good series has, but admittedly, it is probably most appealing to tween and teen girls.

But after Season 2, the series goes downhill.

The main problem is that they replaced Emma with a girl named Isabella. This was because Emma's actress, Claire Holt, was working on another project and couldn't film with the show. So they completely replaced her. I honestly would've preferred some sort of look a like rather than a different character. Well, they're not really different. Isabella has the same personality as Emma and even virtually the same powers. She can make water into this weird goopy ice that turns back into water when you touch it. Really? Did they even try?

Another thing, the show becomes more predictable. For one thing, this guy is introduced along with Bella and they get along very well. I can't IMAGINE that they can POSSIBLY get together. Also, the episodes just become less and less unpredictable in general and so does the overarching plot.

The show also becomes more cliché with the scientists and and the end of the world.

This show could've been perfectly fine with just two seasons, but due to popular demand, it turned into this generic mess. I would love to give this show a 10, but sadly, because this season exists, I'm going to give it a 9. I highly recommend the show, but I also highly recommend skipping the third season.

score 9/10

rockyroseling 11 October 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3333721/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部