View: 131|Reply: 1

Basically just juvenile and stupid - nowhere near as funny as "Jackass"

[Copy link]
15-5-2020 02:03:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The creators of MTV's "Jackass" got sued by angry parents whose children had been influenced by the show and it got taken off the air. (Then they released the hilarious-but-childish feature length movie as a fond farewell.) Johnny Knoxville, the only talented member of the cast, left to pursue a career in Hollywood (now seen in "The Dukes of Hazzard") - but Bam Margera, the wannabe skateboarder who lives with his parents, couldn't move on and decided to revive the "Jackass" format for a new reality show based solely around his life, called "Viva la Bam." I know I'm sounding really cruel. I don't hate Bam Margera or this TV show. I watched it a few times on MTV late at night when I was bored, and I'll admit, it kept me entertained in a car-crash kind of way - i.e. it's so bad you can't take your eyes off it.

This is trashy, exploitative stuff. Very childish. Much of it seems to be scripted, and in fact isn't even reality television.

Simply put this isn't nearly as funny as "Jackass" - it's just a baby brother and Bam himself isn't strong enough to carry the show. I miss Johnny Knoxville and the rest of the cast, it's just not the same without them.

score /10

MovieAddict2016 2 September 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1163909/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
2-2-2021 04:41:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I hate people like you.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register