View: 61|Reply: 0

SUCH a failure...I am extremely disappointed in Bryan Elsley!

[Copy link]
11-5-2020 02:33:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was actually excited when I heard that there was going to be a US version of this show. I have loved all 4 seasons of the original and am anxious for the 5th to start.

I have only seen the 1st episode of the US version...and I doubt that I will be watching any more of it. They basically just have all of the exact same things happen--while leaving out some of the funnier parts. They did change a couple of the names, which makes absolutely no logical sense. If you're going to change 2 of the names, why not change all of them? I mean, changing Sidney to Stanley? What was the point of that? Nor do I understand why they made Maxxie's character a cheerleading chick.

They also chose to have the high school far too closely resemble a UK 'college.' What on earth was the creator thinking? It kind of ticked me off to see that the New York Post actually called the US version a look into the secret life of American teens... Um, hello! They're following the storyline almost exactly from the original UK version...which has absolutely nothing to do with Americans.

Elsley could have bothered to spend some time researching contemporary American youth and high schools instead of being so lazy and just laying the same plot lines and characters on us--only slightly watered down and simply not done as well. I believe it would have been a much better idea to stick with the themes and flavors of the original, but come up with some new stories and characters.

Watching the US version is a total waste of time, in my opinion. I honestly hope they scrap it asap. If you really want to watch Skins, go for the original. It's infinitely better.

score 1/10

cecilhbelle 25 January 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2375145/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部