View: 79|Reply: 0

The coolest love story you've never seen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-4-2020 00:31:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Late film critic Gene Siskel said that this movie shows how easy it is to make a movie. He was giving it a compliment even though now that might have been taken as an insult these days. Even though I didn't always agree with Gene Siskel, I agree with him here. Love Jones is a shining example of how a love story should be: realistic with real characters in real situations.

The story chronicles the ups and downs of the relationship between Darius Lovehall(Larenz Tate) and Nina(Nia Long). Larenz Tate and Nia Long are more than just a beautiful couple on screen. These two actually have chemistry together. You can feel the vibe between these two whenever the are on screen and its fantastic.

Bill Bellamy is pretty funny as the deceitful Wood and Lisa Nicole Carson is great as Nina's friend Simone. Isaiah Washington is just as great as Darius's close friend Savon and I sigh every time I see him in a movie. The guy is a great actor who never got any credit. I've seen performances from him(as well as Larenz Tate) that put some of Hollywood's best to shame. Follywood will never got over themselves.

Love Jones is a wonderful love story full of interesting and likable characters that are in realistic situations that anybody that has been in love can relate too. You love these people because they are believable and are not portrayed as gangsters and tramps. Not one obscene stereotype can be found here. Contrast that with the Romance movies of today. Exactly. In closing if you love Black Cinema then you would do well to own a copy of this movie.

score 10/10

Newsense 16 November 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2158965/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部