View: 65|Reply: 0

Just take a bunch of teenage and superhero clichés and throw them in a blender

[Copy link]
12-4-2020 21:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This show is so bad, I couldn't watch the first episode all of the way through because it's nothing but clichés. It first opens up with a Star Wars space battle rip-off where a group of astronauts are trying to relieve some artifact in low-Earth orbit. The show later shifts its focus on the main character, Max (and this is where the crap hits the fan). He's a cookie-cutter high school student who's a drifter because him and his mom are constantly move from town to town. The scene then switches to commercial for looks like the Transpacific Partnership, starring the corrupt businessman cliché, who also uses the villainous red keyboard hologram cliché. On his first day of his new high school, Max encounters one-dimensional bullies, a generic love interest, and an outcast best friend. When saving this new friend from the bullies, they begin to pick on him, causing him to flee. This chase scene causes him to develop powers that turn on and off at the most inconvenient times, but comes in handy when defeating the bullies. He later wakes up in an infirmary of a secret organization his uncle is a part of, who explains that his father created all of it, making him a legacy.

That's all I remember from it before I deleted it from my Netflix queue. It's so uninspired that I wouldn't doubt the writers were either complete hacks, or were just lazy and decided to take ideas from other franchises.

This show is also loosely based off of the original Max Steel from 2000, which I'm now interested in checking out to compare it to this. That was made before the reboot fad became a fad, and from what I read of the description, it sounds decently original. However, some people have said its a rip-off of Action Man, but I'll have to see that comparison for myself.

score 1/10

americanbanksta 1 May 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3697960/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部